Sunday, February 23, 2014

Monmartre Cemetery: Part 2 - La ville des décédées.

Unlike most cemeteries, the one at Monmartre in Paris is located below the current ground level.  As I mentioned in my previous post, initially I didn't know how to approach this subject.  However, after focusing in on the details in one section, I returned to street level to survey the cemetery for my next location.

Interestingly, from that angle the graves and tombs had an architectural look, as if I was viewing a city from above, and I ended up staying where I was and shooting on that basis - as if it were a city of the dead.





- Sid

P.S.  If someone reads this and says, "Hey, that's not really how you say 'City of the dead' in French, my apologies.  I will be happy to correct the title if someone can provide me with a proper translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment