Monday, February 24, 2014

Devitts Cemetery, Blackstock

The stones are unsafe, beware

This blog has been a great opportunity for a number of reasons. First it allows me to wander through my photographic files and see if there are any nuggets of charm or humour or beauty hidden away that suit the theme that Sid and I have chosen. Much of the time, particularly nowadays I think, images go into electronic storage and are rarely brought to the light of display.

I like the idea of the photographic still shot, captivating images of places that we normally just blur past in our cars and transportation, in our daily routines, particularly the small places like the crossroad and corner lot, or the family cemetery as depicted above. Sometimes it seems like we're just travelling too fast to see anything.

I also have to admit to an interest in signs, the things that are put up to inform or warn, name or declaim. Sometimes they bring to mind a mental image that is not quite as originally intended. Keep the gate closed so the stones don't get out and are harmed, or enter at your own risk.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment