Sunday, February 23, 2014

Country Cemetery

This is a photograph that was taken some years ago. I was driving along 'dusting' the country roads possibly near one of the small towns like Cavan or Enniskillen, Ontario (I can't recall exactly where it was) when I glanced to the left and saw this little cemetery. I turned the car around, drove back to it, parked and then entered through the open gates.


Most of the gravestones were not standing, they were neatly laid on the ground in a semicircle around a central monument which had this carved on it. I liked the detail of the work, of course, a whole relief of early Canadian country life. I had to boost the contrast just a wee bit to make some of the details a bit clearer.

Colin



I decided to come back to this post to include a shot of the whole cemetery, converted to black and white to keep to the original shot's tones, because sometimes I think my descriptions can't capture the essence. After all a picture is worth...

me again

No comments:

Post a Comment